NOW SHOWING - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

Check back often to see what's on the easel today!

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 8 in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

After a wonderful evening accompanying the choir at practice tonight at Gateway Presbyterian Church, I was inspired to paint something with a musical theme.

I remember once seeing a painting that had a treble clef in the middle of it that had colors that changed from one color to another around the color wheel. In the background though it had random notes and wasn't really any song I could recognize.  Of course being a musician, and a Virgo, I couldn't resist actually writing in the tune of one of my favorite songs, Amazing Grace. 

This painting is also on the Ampersand Aquabord panel and it is 8 inches by 8 inches square.  Each flowing music staff is painted with iridescent paint.  Really cool in person!

Here is the finished painting. I hope you like this one as much as I enjoyed painting it.



No comments:

Post a Comment