NOW SHOWING - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

Check back often to see what's on the easel today!

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 7 in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

This is turning out to be pretty tough, especially the scheduling part of it. When you work full time at one or two jobs, and you then come home and have all that stuff to do around the house, it's really easy to get distracted and not get down to the studio.

The first few days I painted first thing in the morning after I had my coffee, did my Bible study, and got dressed. Then I went to the office.  On other days, I tried painting in the evenings like I usually do after everything is done.

But as usual sometimes things get turned upside down, inside out, and backwards.  I stayed up too late last night, got off to a late start this morning, 15 minutes scraping the ice off my car, then finally to the office. With one thing or another I didn't start painting tonight until about 10 p.m.

But hey, at least I'm painting. That's the whole purpose of this challenge. It's to get you to paint every day.  Of course, every painting won't be a good one. I'm afraid tonight may not be one of the better ones. But at least I finished another painting, wrote my blog, and posted to Facebook.

Today's painting is another fish painting. I used a photo that I took of a French Angelfish on one of our dive trips.  These angelfish are so cool when you're swimming with them. They are very graceful and beautiful. Usually they swim in pairs.

This painting is also a 6" x 6" square Aquabord panel.  I'm hoping that if I keep working on this Aquabord I'll finally get the hang of it and figure out the best way to work with it.

It's very tempting to go back to my comfort zone and do batik watercolors every day. But I think another purpose of this challenge is to stretch yourself and go a bit out of the box and try new things.

Hope you like this one.   Now if I can just get those Christmas decorations packed away!


No comments:

Post a Comment