NOW SHOWING - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

Check back often to see what's on the easel today!

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 5 ofthe 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

Finally, here is my painting for day 5. Although technically it's after midnight, I did start this earlier tonight on day 5.

This one was quite a challenge, because I was trying a new type of watercolor surface other than paper.  It's called Aquabord and is made by Ampersand. It is a masonite panel that is coated with a textured clay surface material that supposedly absorbs water colors like a fine paper. At least that's what the package said. I guess it will just take some getting used to. Just like anything new that you try for the first time.

I have several friends that use these and they like them because you can seal them and frame them without glass. I guess I'll have to keep trying, because I bought several of these. I'm bound and determined to get this right. You know me, persistent and stubborn at times. But, sometimes that's a good thing.

It's hard to tell by the photograph, but I also used irridescent paints which makes it all sparkly and fun. This one is 6" × 6".  You'd think a small painting would be quick and easy, but the little ones sometimes take as long as the larger ones.

So here is the photo of the finished painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment