NOW SHOWING - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

Check back often to see what's on the easel today!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Day 13 in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

What a beautiful day in Colorado today.  The sun was out and the trees were all frosted by an icy snow mix that made the entire landscape look like a fairy tale.  Another beautiful day in paradise!

A beautiful day always seems to boost everyone's spirit, mine included.  Tonight's painting was a direct result of my better mood at the end of a beautiful day.

I seem to be drawn to flowers these days.  Maybe it's my longing for warm spring days and the thoughts of my tulips, crocus, irises popping through the ground.  The photo I used for tonight's painting is one given to me by my friend, Becky.  She took this one in the iris gardens at the East Library in Colorado Springs.

This one is another 6" x 6" watercolor painting on the Ampersand Aquabord.  I think I'm finally getting the hang of working on this board.  It's totally different than working on traditional watercolor paper and really different than watercolor batik.  I think I'm even starting to like it.

I'm hoping to get many of my "Small Gems" framed up and ready to put up at Boulder Street Gallery for the month of February.  I will be one of the two featured artists at the gallery for the entire month of February and will have paintings in the front window in addition to my usual wall space.  Be watching for them!

Here is my painting for Day 13:




No comments:

Post a Comment