NOW SHOWING - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

Check back often to see what's on the easel today!

Thursday, February 9, 2017

"My America"


Every morning I get up and look out of my bedroom window at the most gorgeous view of Pikes Peak.  After 26 years here in Colorado Springs, I never get tired of that view.  Tired of the driving in the snow and scraping ice off my windshield, but never tired of the snow on the Peak.



I came across a really old copy of America the Beautiful in my stash of vintage music paper and just couldn't wait to paint the Peak and Old Glory.  

The title of this one is "My America."



The painting is done on an 8 x 10 canvas and mounted into a black float frame.   

I can't wait to hang it at the gallery. When you're in town, come by Boulder Street Gallery at 206 N. Tejon in downtown Colorado Springs and see my collection of vintage music paper paintings.



3 comments:

  1. Awesome painting, Myra (that's my America, too)! Very creatively done.
    And I don't think I would get tired of that gorgeous view either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. I think we're in the mutual admiration society. Have been loving the animal paintings you've been doing for the 30 in 30. I've taken a break from the watercolor batiks and doing the vintage music paintings. Lots of fun.

      Delete